AK migration and visa Services
Please Install Flash Player
Download from here
Home About Us Assesment Member Registration Login Testimonials Contact us
SKILL SELECT - SKILLED MIGRATIONIndependent Skill MigrationState Skilled Sponsored (PR)State Skilled Sponsored (Regional)EMPLOYER SPONSORED WORK VISAS457 Temporary Work VisaEmployer Nomination SchemeTemporary Work VisasFAMILY MIGRATIONSpouse/ Fiancee VisaChild VisaParent VisaSTUDENT VISATEMPORARY WORK VISASTemporary Work (Short Stay Activity)Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)Temporary Work (International Relations)Seasonal Worker Program
Please Install Flash Player
Download from here
Please Install Flash Player
Download from here
Newsletter Signin
E-mail ID
AK Migration & Visa Services

To be granted a student visa you must satisfy the visa requirements and comply with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance which come into effect after you have entered Australia. Your student visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid visa cancellation.

Student visa information on this website is an outline only and subject to change. For more detailed, accurate and up-to-date information on student visas and visa requirements please check the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) website.

The student visa has seven separate sub-classes for each education sector. You should apply under the visa sub-class for your principal course of study. Please note from 1 July 2004 there will be changes to some of these subclasses.

Student visa sub-classes

Subclass 570 - Independent ELICOS

for international students undertaking ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) as a stand-alone course, and not as a prerequisite to commencing another course (for example, a degree course)

Subclass 571 - Schools

for international students undertaking a course of study at a primary school or a secondary school, including both junior and senior secondary school, and an approved secondary exchange program

Subclass 572 - Vocational and technical education (VTE) sector

covers Certificate I, II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma.

Subclass 573 - Higher education

covers a Bachelor degree, Associate Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Graduate Diploma

Subclass 574 - Postgraduate Research

covers a Masters degree by coursework or by research, and a Doctoral degree


Subclass 575 - Non-award

covers foundation, bridging or other courses that do not lead to the award of a degree, diploma or other formal award

Subclass 576 - AusAID or Defence sponsored

covers full-time study undertaken by AusAID or Defence students sponsored by the Australian Government.


General requirements                                                            

  • you are of good character
  • you are of sound health
  • you have acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and members of your family unit accompanying you to Australia
  • you have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made arrangements acceptable to the Minister to repay such a debt
  • where you are under 18 years of age, acceptable arrangements for your accommodation, support and general welfare are in place

(Check 'Applying for a Student Visa' on Form 1160i)


Student visa conditions

  • you must satisfy attendance and course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for your course
  • you must not work unless you have been granted permission to do so
  • you must maintain your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia
  • you must leave Australia before your visa expires
  • you must remain with the education provider you originally enrolled with for the first 12 months of your course or, if the course is less than 12 months, for the duration of your course
  • you must advise your education provider of your residential address within seven days of your arrival in Australia and must advise any changes of address within seven days
  • if you change education provider you must inform your current education provider within seven days of issue of an eCoE
  • if you are an unaccompanied student applicant under 18 years of age you must obtain written approval of your education provider before you change your address, support and welfare arrangements in Australia.

More detail about visa conditions can be found on the DIMIA website.


Offer of a place in a course and confirmation of enrolment

If you are applying outside Australia and your visa application will be assessed at Assessment Level 3, 4 or 5, you should provide:

  • an ‘offer of a place in a course’ letter from your Australian education provider at the time you lodge your application; and
  • an electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate issued by your education provider after you lodge your application if you are requested by the Australian overseas mission to do so.
  • This process allows a preliminary or Pre-Visa Assessment to be made on your application to see if you are genuinely seeking to enter Australia for the purpose of study.
  • If you are applying outside Australia in Assessment Level 1 or 2, or in Australia in any Assessment Level, an electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate (CoE) is required before you lodge your application and a copy is to be provided with your application.

Note: A letter of offer is acceptable where a client lodges an application within Australia, but they must have a CoE for grant of a student visa application.

(Check 'Applying for a Student Visa' on Form 1160i)


Visa application forms

Application for a student (temporary) visa  - Form 157A

Application for an electronic student (temporary) visa - Form 157E

eligibility restricted to US Study Abroad, Norwegian and Swedish students over 18 years of age

Application for a student visa with permission to work - Form 157P

only to be lodged after you have arrived in Australia and commenced study in a registered course in Australia

Application for a student visa with permission to change education provider- Form 157C

Short Term Visitor/Tourist Visas - Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) - ETA


Assessment levels for student visas

Each student visa application is assessed according to an assessment level. The assessment level is determined by the passport held and visa subclass applied for.

The assessment levels relate generally to how likely students are to comply with their visa conditions, based on previous students’ behaviour. Assessment level 1 represents the lowest assessment level and assessment level 5 the highest.

The higher the assessment level, the more evidence you will need to provide to demonstrate your financial capacity, understanding of the English language and other relevant matters.

You can find out your assessment level by looking up your nationality and visa subclass applied for in Form 1219i, Overseas Student Program - Assessment Levels or by visiting the DIMIA website.

Important: if you have an assessment level 2, 3, 4 or 5, then you must make your first student visa application while you are outside Australia.

Evidentiary requirements

  • your capacity to cover the cost of air fares, course fees and living costs for the duration of your stay in Australia
  • your capacity to cover the costs of air fares, living costs and school tuition costs for your family unit members for the duration of your stay in Australia.
  • your level of English language proficiency in relation to that required for your assessment level and education sector of study
  • the situation in your home country e.g. personal or financial commitments that may prompt you to return to your home country
  • your academic record and history in the context of the course you intend to study
  • your immigration history e.g. previous compliance with immigration laws and whether you have previously applied for entry to Australia
  • whether your proposed course of study is what you might reasonably have chosen given your circumstances
  • whether your proposed course is consistent with, and appropriate to, your current level of education

More information on evidentiary requirements can be found on the DIMIA website.


Preliminary Assessment

A preliminary assessment will determine your eligibility for a student visa and is necessary if your country is at Assessment Level 3, 4 or 5. You will need to provide an ‘Offer of a place in a course’ letter from your education provider to the visa processing office. This letter should indicate your proposed entry level, name of course, CRICOS course and provider codes, proposed start and end dates and the full tuition fees for the course. When your application is received, the visa processing office will undertake a preliminary assessment of your ability to meet the student visa requirements applicable to you. If the assessment is favourable, the office will issue you a letter to give to your education provider authorising them to issue you with an eCoE certificate. You will be also advised to pay the tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC) premium, and undergo medical tests. The student visa will be granted when the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and all other requirements are satisfied. If you would like more information or an assessment regarding the Australia Student Visa Application Requirements please contact us by email or by submitting one of our online questionnaires.


For Further information on this visa send us an email at info@akmigration.com or click on the link to get a FREE MIGRATION ADVICE. We will advise you if you are eligible for this category of visa or maybe a different subclass of visa might suit your present circumstances.


Home | About Us | Assesment | Business Questionnaire | Feedback | Disclaimer | Member Registration
Testimonials | Contact Us | New Zealand | News | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
Pay Online
copyright ©2008 AK Migration & visa services Powered by WeblinkIndia.Net
designing and developing company